Sunday, June 28, 2009

Let's do this every weekend!

After a little convincing, Justin agreed to make the trip with me to visit my bestfriends and their kids. It had been too long since us girls got together for a good dinner and some girly chit-chat. Ryker and I met Anne and Blair at a new restaurant. Great conversation, good wine and, while the food was a bit heavy and over-priced, the waiter and GM were especially helpful going out of their way to make us comfortable, even warming his bottle for me at our table. Man, you just can't beat good service like that!

Saturday, after a yummy lunch with our crew, Tim and Justin took Avery home, while me, Anne and the boys spent the afternoon shopping. With 2 babies instead of 3 we were able to run errands around town in one car and one stroller. That was nice! However, it wasn't as easy as Anne makes it look. The boys were fairly good but shopping with two definitely slowed us down! Also, judging by the amount of the people in the mall, it doesn't look like we are in a recession. And it was HOT - not just outside but inside! I didn't just have beads of sweat, there was lakes of it running down my back. We were dying! Needless to say, I ended up purchasing 2 pairs of flip-flops and some workout clothes. I blame the heat.

Then we wrapped up a long day by running by Blair's to see her girls and their new house. We couldn't stay long since Tim was in need of us to "save" him so he could go hit golf balls before the sun went down. B - as promised - we will stay at your house next time!

Thanks for a wonderful weekend!

Aunt Blair & Ryker at dinner.

Aunt Anne & Ryker
The young waiter asked us if we were sisters when he overheard us calling each other "Aunt". Really, really? Surely he was just being flirty and didn't think the three of us were sisters? No, we just use the word "Aunt" loosely I guess.

I think we were asked, I'm not exaggerating, 15 times if they were twins.
Anne thought it would be cute if we dressed them alike.

By this time, Ryker had had enough of shopping and being toted around in the 100 degree weather. I think Riggs was just glad to be hanging out with his friend and not his sister for once!

The boys and the pretty blondes!
Charlotte (3 1/2), Ryker (3 1/2 mos), Riggs (5 1/2 mos), Frances (21 mos)

No comments: