Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Te extranamos tia Steph!

On Saturday, Stephanie boarded her plane to Spain. She will be studying there for the next 6 weeks! Sounds wonderful, doesn't it?

Steph, Just knowing you are almost 5,000 miles away (it's right, I looked it up!) makes us miss you more than usual. I hope you are getting settled and enjoying your classes.

I know you really want to hear updates on Ryker, so here's a few things you missed...

1. On Sunday, Dad and I introduced Ryker to the pool! He was sporting his new swimming trunks and lots of sunscreen. Sorry, no pictures of the event. He didn't really like it at first but once he got accustomed to the water he settled down. I only kept him in the sun for about 15 minutes...baby steps!

2. Lately, he's been having a lot more to say! He's cooing and gurgling longer and louder. I love hearing his little voice. Still no giggles yet, but we are trying to be funnier!

3. You know how he's been looking for his thumb? Well, he found it! He can't quite pull it away from his other fingers, but it won't be long. We tried to capture it on camera, see below...

4. He is doing 360's in his crib. The other morning I found him with a whole leg hanging out his railing! I had taken the bumper pad off because I've been obsessing over the possibility of him suffocating in the cracks between the bumper and the mattress. (It's a new mom thing) To combat this problem I'm going to have to put the bumper back around the crib and put him in a sleep sack. This should keep him from moving around so much! He'll be crawling in no time.

5. Our little man loves his sleep - just like his daddy! He's been hitting the sack at 8pm and waking up somewhere between 6am and 8am. Nice! Especially for a working mom like me!

6. He's really enjoying the bumbo. I think he likes the new feeling of sitting up because he likes to be propped up in the corner of the sofa too. It won't be long before he's sitting up by himself. Such a big boy!

7. We found a new roll on his thigh. You are going to think he's gained so much by the time you see him! He's officially in 3mo's clothes now. Which is wonderful because we've been getting tired of seeing him his newborn outfits, right! He will be sporting a whole new wardrobe for our trip! Can you imagine all of the gear I'm going to have to pack just for him? I'm starting to make my list now!

8. I have been so freaked about Ryker being in the sun, even having him outside in the shade makes me nervous. Babies are fair, but let's be honest, Ryker is ghostly! Mom thinks I'm being a little over protective. But she did go and buy him a little wet suit and matching hat for the boat. It's so freakin' cute!

9. He loves his mobile! I lay him in his crib and it buys me at least 20 minutes. Even though most of the time I have to stick around and watch him because it's so cute. He kicks his feet and gets so excited watching it go around.

"Look Mom, I'm sitting up all by myself!"

Finding his thumb

Sitting up and sucking his thumb in his new outfit

Enjoying activity time

Ok, that's the gist of it. It's all Ryker, all the time over here!

Now, it's your turn! We want to hear all the chisme! (That's Spanish for scoop!) Take lots of pictures and be safe! We will be there before you know it!
Estudia mucho y nos vemos pronto!

3 comments:

Jillian said...

I know he is a Reeves but could he look more like his Uncle Ches??? Am I the only one thinking this? Miss both of you!

Anonymous said...

Aww, I love the thumb suckers. Both my girls are attached to theirs. Time for Maria to give it up- she's almost 5!!! yikes

Stephanie said...

Estoy disfrutando Granada! I can't believe how much he grew since the last time i saw him, I miss him like crazy! Oh, and I miss yall too of course! Keep the updates coming I like knowing what the little fella is up to.. I'm in the process of trying to figure out how to load my photos on my computer so ya'll can see how awesome Spain is! Love and miss ya'll!