Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Balancing Act

I've been back at work full-time for almost 6 weeks now. And while I am enjoying having somewhat of a professional life again, it's extremely tough to be away from Ryker all day long. Women should get at least 6 months maternity leave! When he smiles, I want to see it; when he cries, I want to hear it; when he poops, I want to clean it. I do!

However, I survive my day at work knowing that I'm leaving him in great (ok, better than great) hands. Justin and I are lucky for Lovey and Mam-ma in that we can rest assured knowing Ryker is well cared for while we are away. And to Jillian and Steph, I apologize if we wear them out by the time your children are born. It's one of the few perks of being the oldest.

Here's a few things I miss while I'm at work...

In the stroller ready for his morning exercise with Lovey. He usually wears his sunglasses - and keeps them on the whole time! Aunt Jillian thinks we need to find him some cooler shades since he wears them so much. Anyone know of where I can find my 3 month old stylish aviators??


He's now enjoying his super-cool corvette walker. Even though he isn't walking anywhere in it, he still enjoys the new feeling of "standing" and likes all the cool sounds it makes.

Lovey's been spending so much time on the computer planning our trip to Italy, that sometimes she has to make Luie babysit. I wonder if Luie changes dirty diapers too??

Mam-ma watches him often when Lovey spends the afternoon shopping and running errands in Nola. She almost always comes home with gifts for Ryker. On this particular day, Lovey returned with some new outfits for him for our trip, like this wet suit. He looks thrilled, doesn't he?

Lovey thinks this is "perfect" for the trip since we are spending a lot of our time on a boat. Ryker, say's "um...I don't think so. Take this off before I tell my Daddy."


Check out the back how cute.
(...By the way, this did get returned to the store she purchased it from! It was a little too "over the top" for Justin.)

The best thing about my day is coming home from work to pick up Ryker and bring him home for his bath and bedtime. He LOVES bath time. After I bathe him we spend some quality time on his changing table. He tells me all about his day, gives me the biggest smiles and goes to town kicking those feet.

So, I pull the camera out and try to capture it on film, and his huge smile turns into a smirk...

...and then he turns real serious.
I will have to teach this sweet child how to ham it up for the camera!



3 comments:

Blair said...

Love it! If he is anything like Charlotte, it will take him YEARS to ham it up. Frances, however, has been a ham from the start!

Anonymous said...

Kelly, he is so precious! That maternity leave DOES go by wayyy too fast.

Jillian said...

Just made my morning! That sailor outfit is hilarious but it would have haunted him for life.