Saturday, April 4, 2009

There ain't no high like the Most High

...and I quote Beth Moore, a woman gifted with the amazing ability to teach the Word to women with great energy, zeal and humor. I've enjoyed her bible studies since Mom first introduced her to me a few years ago. Anyway, she held a conference in New Orleans on Friday night and Saturday morning, so Mom and I made a night of it.

As tempted as I am to tell all about what I learned this weekend, I'll refrain myself. But, it was due time to have my spiritual tank re-filled. Not only was her message a powerful one, but to look around and see the New Orleans Arena packed with 6600 women who are all there for one purpose, to praise Him, sent chills up my spine.

It was my first overnight stay without Ryker and man did I miss those sweet little cheeks! I must have looked at pictures of him on my phone only a million times during the conference. He stayed with his Mam-ma and was in very good hands. She says he was a good boy! Thank you, Mam-ma!

Mam-ma and Aunt Shirley ooh-ing and ahh-ing over Ryker.

Getting Mam-ma organized before we left.

2 comments:

Jeff, Nicole, & Callie said...

What an amazing faith-filled weekend you must have had...I'm jealous!!! Glad you were able to get away with your mom for a night and attend the conference!!!

Amy said...

Oh my goodness...I'm so behind!!! Ryker is getting so big so fast! I remember how long it took for Jack to grow out of the preemie diapers and then once he did he was in size 2 in a blink of an eye. He's gettin cuter and cuter by the day:)