Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Public vs. Private

Maybe you veteran bloggers out there can relate, but I have struggled these past few days with a difficult decision of whether or not to keep my blog public. I recently received an extremely bothersome comment from an obviously disturbed reader who doesn't even know me and quite frankly, could afford to get a life.

It concerned me mostly because it made me aware of the perfect strangers who are out there on cyberspace spending time reading my blog and unfairly judging me and how I choose to raise my child. It is a shame that someone a thousand miles away can be so easily offended by what little ol' me and my family are doing. Have we become this thin-skinned? To these people I say, if you don't have anything nice to say, close the browser and remove yourself from my page, I don't want to read your negative comments.

My intention of this blog is to have a venue where I can document the life of Ryker to keep for years to come. In addition, it offers the opportunity for our friends and family and friends of friends to keep up with him as he continues to grow and amaze us daily. It is so enjoyable to share with you how this precious boy fills me and Justin's life with indescribable joy!

Thank you to those of you who continue to fill my pages with loving advice and positive feedback. I so love hearing from you and it melts my heart that you care enough about us to spend time reading my blog. I pray that we continue to capture your interest. Stick around, the best is yet to come!

I'm not going to let these people freak me out just yet into privatizing my blog. Although my mother and mother-in-law would be quite happy if I would. I still have faith that there are more kind-hearted people out there than there are haters.

I hope that I do not regret making our special life moments public and I pray that those of you out there who do not know us would see that we are humble people who get up in the morning and put one foot in front of the other, just like you. We are just trying to enjoy the simple things in life.

Peace, Joy, Love...Always, Kelly

7 comments:

Leita said...

I've actually been thinking about privatizing my blog this past week just b/c there are so many sickos out there, but decided against it. For now, I'm with you in trusting that good will prevail over evil!

Sorry you got an ugly comment- I don't know why people share their negative views- really what's the point?.

Jeff, Nicole, & Callie said...

Sorry that happened to you. I just don't understand why people feel they should post or make negative comments!!!!! It's not THEIR life!!! You know that didn't happen to me; however, I was at Starbucks with 2 of my friends and their babies. We were sitting outside (it was NOT cold at all-only chilly) and our babies had blankets on, etc. Well, one of the babies was crying and a woman walked up to us and said, "I think the baby is crying because he is cold...it is way too cold for yall to have your babies out in this weather..they should be inside." What??? Are you kidding me? People, people, people. Anyhow, I love reading your blog and watching your beautiful family grow. Hugs!

Kelly said...

Thank you both for your support!! Lots of love to you, Kelly

Amy said...

Whoa!!! I'm behind...I didn't know you were dealing with a crazy blog stalker! I'm so sorry to hear that! I've had my blog a little over a year and I haven't had any nasty comments, just some pesky spam!

I empathize though because my view on blogging is very similar to yours. Sharing the beautiful (and sometimes hard) parts of our lives. It is unfortunate that some people have nothing better to do than spread negativity. And though I do not know what this nasty comment was, I'd bet anything it was from some troll woman jealous of your beauty and wonderful life! Love to you and your family:)

Shelly Chauvin said...

I am now so curious to know what that person said to you. I can't believe they would actually have the nerve to leave you a rude comment if they didn't even know you. I love blogging and looking at everyone's (I know)sites. I think it is a great way to keep in touch with people you don't get to see everyday and live in different cities. By the way, Ryker is adorable! Where did you find his name?

lauren said...

Kelly, Congrats on your baby boy he is just adorable! I went to school with Jill, Lauren Bourdier Cenac and I love to read Blair's blog and she has a link to yours so I do read it periodically, hope you do not mind! I have a 14month old boy, Gusley and I blog as well, feel free to check us out...babygusley.blogspot.com!

Kelly said...

Amy, your comment, like your blog, made me smile. Thanks for the support!

Shelly, I deleted that nasty comment I'm referring to and I'll be happy to share the details with you when I see you! Justin brought up the name almost immediately when I found out I was pregnant and I loved it. Throughout the pregnancy we played around with other names but ultimately kept coming back to Ryker!

Lauren, thanks for saying hello! I went ahead and checked out your blog. Gusley is precious! You have a name as unique as ours! I'll be dropping by your blog frequently now!