After 5, count 'em 5,
rough (it's important that I emphasis this because I need some sympathy for what I went through!) cases of Mastitis, my doctor finally admitted me into the hospital for treatment (antibiotics via IV). I can't blame her for waiting so long since she wasn't aware of the first 2 cases. This is because in the beginning
I had no idea why I was feeling as horrible as I was - it feels like someone has used your breasts as a punching bag and then you go and catch the flu. I know that a lot of women get this when they breastfeed, but I was fed up with the reoccurence of this nasty infection. To be honest I was relieved when they decided to admit me. I wanted to be cured!
Anyway, I'll keep my personal rant to a minimum. But, after a two night stay, the infection has subsided and they tell me I should be back to normal in a couple weeks.
Ryker came visit me - don't worry I was on the well floor in post-partum with the new moms so he was safe. He put a smile on my face...
1 comment:
Kelly, so sorry to hear that you had 5 cases of it. I was lucky to have never had it, but I hear it is aweful. Hope you are feeling better.
Post a Comment