Monday, May 4, 2009

Mama B


As Mother's Day approaches, and as a brand-spanking new mom, I reflect on the women in my life who are stand-out moms.

Besides my obvious role-model, my amazing mother and best friend, Lovey (who will receive her much due praise in the next few days) my mind immediately goes to my best friend, Blair.

Blair was the first of my friends to have kids. While we were all still partying late into the night and "me time" existed 24/7, Blair was busy taking care of someone other than herself. In fact, Blair had two babies before most of us had our one. We didn't quite understand what Blair was dealing with, mostly because she never complained, not once.

Blair's love and adoration for her two beautiful girls is so sweet to witness. The time and energy she spends entertaining her girls seems exhausting to me. They go to the zoo weekly, to play dates, to swim, to dance, to you name it! When they are home they are playing dress up, dancing in the rain or doing crafts. These girls never have a dull moment and every moment of their activities is documented and blogged about.

Blair, you are an inspiration to me! Charlotte and Frances, I hope you know how very lucky you are to have such a wonderful, hands on Mom, who loves you oh so much!!

Happy Mother's Day, B!

1 comment:

Blair said...

I think I am going to cry! Thank you so much!!
I do love my "job." I have been so blessed with such heathy, adorable girls and I try to cherish every moment with them...even the not so fun ones.

A happy early Mother's Day to you as well! Your first one - so speical!