Sunday, March 29, 2009

Much the Wiser

Justin's sister, Jennifer, gave me the book Baby Wise when I was pregnant. I read the first five chapters (twice), but the information just didn't seem to register at the time. A few friends recommended I give it a try again, so Lovey took a crash course this weekend (and gave me the cliff notes).

Feed/Wake/Sleep is the basic principle of the book. Ryker was already basically on this schedule, eating about every 3 hours. So, Thursday night we started trying Baby Wise. I have to say, it has been working for us!

The hardest part is the wake time. He is so sleepy after his bottle. We spend about 1 hour trying to stimulate him and keep him alert before his next nap time. This is a job! But, it seems to help him get a better nap (he's sleeping about 2 hours at a time). And, Friday and Saturday night he slept from 10:30pm to 3:00am.

I think it's important to do what works for you and your baby, and since Ryker seems to be happy and content on his new schedule, I think I'll stick with it!

Here are a few pictures from our weekend...

Daddy trying to keep Ryker awake (looks like Daddy's eyes are the one's closing!).

Nap time in the crib.

Nap time in the bouncer (we try it all!).

Aunt Steph's friends, Brittany & Jenna, helping with wake time.

Cooking with Daddy during wake time.

No comments: