Today, as we arrived at UMCLC, Ryker handed me half of an eaten cereal bar saying sweetly, "I don't want anymore." Normally, I would have gladly popped what remained of the strawberry carb yummy in my mouth and called it a day, but since I'm dieting, I needed a place to discard it. So, I placed it in Ryker's cup holder of his carseat, to which he responds in a unapproving, high pitch tone "It's gonna get yucky in there"...touché, sweet Ryker, touché.
...
These days its all about shooting the bad guys! Mommy is learning how to play this game.
...
I notice Ryker is playing in our foyer minding his own business. It takes me a second to realize he's been sitting in the dark, for how long I don't know. So I walk over and kick on the lights, to which he responds not looking away from his toys "thank you for turning the lights on mommy". Seriously.
...
I'm watching a cooking show and Ryker enters the room. Trying to get my attention he keeps tapping my shoulder softly and in close to a whisper saying, "mommy, mommy, mommy" I finally look his way and he says nodding, so serious "Aunt stephie cooks". "Yes, she does" I say. "Yes, she does", he repeats still nodding. As if proud of himself for making the connection.
No comments:
Post a Comment