Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A black eye, a bad bruise and an infected ear?

All in a day. Ryker had been running a low fever and complaining about his mouth hurting, so I took him to the doctor this morning. Doc says his right ear (the side where his mouth is hurting) was slightly red so it was determined he had an ear infection. Called in antibiotics and it wasn't long before he was settling in at mammas with his new prize and I was headed back to work. 4 hours later Lovey calls me needing help getting Ryker to calm down. He's crying hysterically. Which has continued throughout tonight. It seems the pain is intensifying. I actually made my very first ever call to the doctor on call tonight who hooked us up with some drops to numb the pain (that's if I can successfully get them into his ear). I'm still not convinced its an ear infection but lets just hope he feels better when he wakes up.

In the midst of the drama, I head to school to pick up Hudson. The teacher and Hudson round the corner when I spot Hudson sporting two very noticeable injuries...on his face. He is determined to stand and has begun practicing his new trick in his crib at school. Today, the bars on the crib won. He looked like a big bruiser in his little pastel green seersucker jumper with the words "sweet pea" on his bib and socks, a black bruise under his eye and another on his opposite cheek. He didn't seem phased.

Aye ya yie. Simple problems easily healed but I do not like seeing my boys hurt!

No comments: