Saturday, September 5, 2009

Friday Night Lights

It's fall and football is in the air! (cheesy, maybe. true, yes!)

Last night was Ches' first football game of his senior year (*sniff*); it's a little bitter sweet because it will all be over in the blink of an eye. I get all teary-eyed just thinking of how much I will miss this next year!

I can count on one hand the games I've missed during his Sophomore and Junior year. This year will be no different. It might sound lame to some, but if you are looking for me on a Friday night this fall, I will be cheering for #4 and the Terriers from the stands of a high school football stadium in Smalltown, USA.

Vandebilt vs. E.D. White

We kicked the day off with the traditional school pep rally.

Uncle Ches and his biggest fan.

Napping - gearing up before the game!

Getting ready to charge the field.

Feeling confident at halftime with a score 14-0, VCH.

Ready for 2nd half!

"The world's best daddy, husband and brother-in-law!"

What a game! Final Score VCH 17- EDW 7.

Houma Today:
“I think having Ches Morrison and T. J. Cantrelle coming back, the leaders of our defense and offense, was a difference in the game,” Dupont said. “I thought our defense played well and we had a lot of pressure. We held (E. D. White’s quarterback Grant) Chiasson in check. He busted just one big play on us. I thought the most physical team would win and it was Vandebilt.”

Morrison said that some seniors are still fighting injuries, but they had to gut it out.

“We had a bunch of seniors banged up. With them coming out and participating, it helped lead our team to victory,” Morrison said.

“The injured players were key leaders. We just have to get through it and get ready for next week. (This win) sets the tempo for the season.”

What can I say? I'm a proud big sister! Click here to read the full article.


2 comments:

Blair said...

Way to go Ches!! So proud of you!

Amy said...

I just got so nostalgic for Vandy football:(

Can't wait for football weather!!!