Friday, December 30, 2011

Ryker meets Hudson

This was special. Mom and Mamma brought Ryker to the hospital where me, Justin and Hudson were anxiously waiting for them. It would be Ryker's first time to meet his baby brother Hudson.

Ryker was all smiles when he walked into the hospital room. Looking handsome in his long sleeve striped polo. I think he was just as excited as we were. He quickly hugged me and (to my surprise) was not at all bothered by me being in the hospital bed. I would think most 2 year olds would be apprehensive about seeing mom in that unfamiliar room, but he didn't seem to even notice. He was more focused on baby brother than he was on me. He never stopped smiling as we asked him questions like "Who is that Ryker?" pointing at Hudson to which he responded "Baby Hudson". He kissed him on his foot and told us "He's going to get me. He's going to get you too Mamma". I understood this as he's going to play with us. It was so sweet. Priceless.

Ryker is going to be such a great big brother. I can't wait to watch these two grow up together! We promise to cherish every waking moment.

We were so captured by Ryker's reaction that we couldn't work the camera fast enough. So although we don't have as many pictures as I'd like (or video for that matter), it will forever be embedded in my heart and I will never ever forget a second of this special moment.


Ryker entering the hospital room, taking it all in.



Seeing Hudson for the first time




He was jumping up and down on the couch holding on to Hudson's bed. Made Mamma just a tad nervous! I think Hudson will have to get used to this.







My big boy!


No comments: